British Rowing is the National Governing Body covering rowing across UK clubs and including elite performers and the Great Britain team.
They had recently changed their name from the Amateur Rowing Association and were developing their new brand and vision. They wanted to be inclusive and engage with their diverse membership from around the UK. Developing Potential were engaged to facilitate a strategic visioning and communication process to involve approximately 80 members in agreeing the vision, goals and actions to support it. Due to the geography of their membership the requirement was for a process to be delivered quickly and over one event where their members would be brought together from around the UK.
- Agreement and understanding of the new British Rowing vision for all those within the organisation and governing body members of their national clubs.
- Facilitate and inclusive style where all members felt they were listened to and given the opportunity to contribute.
- Clear vision, with goals and actions that could be communicated to the full membership.
A full day event was designed to enable the senior team to collect feedback and contributions from the full membership, while also communicating the vision as it was agreed, enabling all members to feel included and to leave the event bought into the future strategy of the organisation. Developing Potential have developed their own strategic alignment model that allows large or small groups to develop or communicate vision, value, goals and actions quickly and in an inclusive, involving and effective way.
- Evaluation of the delegates demonstrated that the event was very well received and the agreed objectives were achieved.
- The experience from the day, the involvement of delegates and their learning all scored highly.
- Delegates were able to feedback to and involve their clubs in the new British Rowing Vision.