Europol is the European Law Enforcement Agency, established with the aim of improving the effectiveness and co–operation of the competent authorities in the Member States in preventing and combating terrorism, unlawful drug trafficking and other serious forms of organised crime.
To provide an executive coaching service to the two most senior directors within the Corporate Governance division, the Deputy Director and assistant Director. In addition to share the philosophy and practice of effective coaching with the nine heads of unit within the same division.
- To raise the awareness and use of emotional intelligence thereby improving performance and teamwork.
- To live the Europol values and ensure clarity and focus on the key strategic aims.
- To identify and eliminate the blocks to effective performance, to develop risk taking and the ability to adapt to change.
- To commit to action and drive successful implementation of strategy and operations.
One-to-one monthly coaching sessions delivered over a period of eighteen months and supported by pre and post psychometric assessments. In addition several coaching workshops were held in order to integrate a coaching philosophy and practice within the division.
- Improved and productive relationships at a senior level and within the division.
- Developing behaviours aligned to the Europol values.
- Greater individual clarity on team leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Clear commitment to focus on action and deliverables and improved divisional performance.
What they said
“Les Duggan has been working with us for around 18 months helping us to develop the potential within our department heads with a combination of one-to-one and group leadership and values coaching. Les was able to focus on the individual needs of our managers and draw out the best in them and show them how to get the most out of others in their teams”.
Christian Jechoutek – Assistant Director, Corporate Governance, Europol